Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fasting and Weight Loss Tips - Keeping It Safe And Simple

Fasting is a great way to begin any weight loss program. It's also a great way to clean out your body. If you've ever thought about doing a full body cleansing, read these fasting and weight loss tips before you begin.

GET THE OKAY FROM YOUR DOCTOR

People don't realize that there may be underlying reasons they should not begin a fast. I became very ill, damaging my thyroid when I went on a ten-day fast, without seeing my doctor first. My body had been deficient in protein which is vital for thyroid health and building hormones. A simple blood test would have resulted in my repairing that imbalance before I began my fast. Symptoms? After losing 15 lbs. on the ten-day fast, I gained 20 lbs. back within five days. I was so puffy I looked like the Michelin Man. My eyes were almost swollen shut. I couldn't get my rings off. My blood pressure had skyrocketed. So, another of my fasting and weight loss tips is to see your doctor before trying a fast for the first time.

FOLLOW THE FASTING INSTRUCTIONS

All right! Now that you've seen your doctor, how do you begin? You must choose a good fasting and cleanse program. The important thing to remember is that once you've chosen a fast, follow their instructions exactly.

WATER, WATER, EVERYWHERE

Water is the key ingredient of a fast or ANY weight loss program. You must drink at least half of your body weight in water every day. Here is another one of my fasting and weight loss tips - stay close to a bathroom the first week until your body gets accustomed to all of that glorious liquid. I am a big believer in supplementing all that water with as much green tea, unsweetened juice, and broth you can get into yourself on top of the water. All of that liquid will be flushing out all of those nasty toxins, heavy metals, left over bits of pesticides, and other critters that have been instrumental in making your brain, your digestive system, your liver, and your metabolism so sluggish.

ENDING YOUR FAST - BEGINNING YOUR DIET FOR LIFE

It's vital that you are very careful ending a fast. Follow your program's instructions to "T". I personally begin by eating raw or steamed organic fruits and vegetables for 4 or 5 days. By the end of two weeks I am feeling as though I've had a complete body overhaul.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

The most important of my fasting and weight loss tips is to not let negative emotions to drag you down. Think positive! You really can do this! Keep your mind busy with other things when you feel discouraged. Keep a journal. Focus on the goal! Visualize that beautiful new you!

No comments:

Post a Comment